Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 9, 2012

Take me out to the ballgame

Its that time of year again - time for baseball.

I'm not a big sports fan, not interested in Football, have no idea how they play Basketball or Hockey.  But baseball is my sport.  I can't play, but I can cheer. 

I don't understand all the rules, and with few exceptions, I'll let someone instruct me, or I'll look it up if I don't understand what happened.  Like a pitchers ERA - no one could tell me, so I looked it up.  Lets suffice it to say that it's a complicated equation of batters, hits and innings pitched.

And - did you know there's a whole rest of the ballgame song? I found that out a few years ago. 

There's nothing I like better than spending a gorgeous day out in the sunshine, watching the Colorado Rockies win or lose - but of course win is better.  I know their names, I know their numbers, I yell and screamand eat peanuts (unless I'm with Jeremy). 

I watch the games on TV, but don't care for the announcers who HAVE to fill the silence with useless information.  Which is why going is so much better. 

I love how in the spring there's hope.  No one is ahead, no one is behind, anyone can take the series in April.  Anything can happen in the summertime.

Go Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment