Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 25, 2012

vacations

My baby took off on her first solo vacation today.  I know that all will go well.  Millions of people fly daily, but not my 8 year old and not alone.  And then there's the week in California with Grandma.  Grandma has her good points, but she has never tried to learn about diabetes before, and now she's got my baby's life in her hands. 

To add to the stress, their first line of inquiry is Mike.  Now, I know Mike is her dad, and he knows more than Grandma, but he doesn't know as much as me.  I do this daily. 

I can only trust that all of our training and last minute reminders will sink in and Natalie will take care of herself. 

But if I'm this much of a mess with a week away - what will happen when she goes to camp where no one loves her like Grandma does?

I thought bringing up babies was hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment