Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vices

Shopping is my vice.  Some people eat, some gamble or drink, I shop. 

Luckily I'm married to someone who can afford to keep me in the money so to speak.  But as I was buying stick on window decorations today in the shape of Shamrocks, just because they were three dollars, I wondered - could I stop?

I have long maintained a belief in our country being Capitalist.  The Free Market system is paramount to our country surviving.  When the government started interfering, that's when things really went down hill.  Bailing out companies that couldn't hack it, companies that had cheated the public into houses and cars and everything else they couldn't afford.  Then dropping the interest rate so low that, while I love my 3.25% HELOC, no one wanted to invest in our country and thus caused massive unemployment.

But I digress, could I stop shopping?  If one is a recovering shopaholic, where would one get their groceries, clothes, cars, anything?  We live on cash only, no credit.  My shopping has yet to cause us to go into debt for anything, or have to skip a meal, or any other major inconvenience.  So, is my shopping really a problem?  I can go days without it, but then when I am shopping I feel a rush and end up getting things we don't really need.  Now our house is overflowing with stuff.  That's where the problem comes in. 

I don't know that I need to stop, but I do need some impulse control.  Maybe someday, but for now - Kohl's has a sale on everything - want to go?

1 comment:

  1. I saw that. When I was there Monday they had Sale signs all over my HM shelves - and our stuff never goes on sale except when they do their storewide everything % off. I did a little shopping today. I bought a fanny pack. Now that I have less fanny, I thought it would be handy to have instead of having to carry my purse on trips.

    ReplyDelete