Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

Potty training

My son refuses to use the potty.  He pees just fine, but he won't stop his life long enough, and just poops his pants.  I've tried positive reinforcement, but how do you reinforce behavior that isn't there?  I've tried negative reinforcement, but it just makes him hold it for days and days.  I've tried ignoring it, which just means I change pants every day.  I hate to admit I've even tried shaming him - big boys use the potty, only babies poop their pants.  No parent should do that, but I was desparate. 

Now we try to make him change his own pants, but he won't do it for me, and I can't leave him in nasty pants all day.  He's four and a half - what can I do?  He starts Kindergarten in 6 months.  I'm out of ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment