Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fast Day 3

Day 3, and I'm really hungry today. 

Today is the 90th anniversary of the development of insulin.  Before insulin, children diagnosed with Type 1 were given on average 11 months.  It kills me to think of my little girl, at 2 1/2, not having the valuable medicine that keeps her alive every day.

But still, insulin injections are only a stop gap.  And no matter how many advancements there are in pumping and testing, its only life support until they find a way to replace the cells on Natalie's pancreas. 

This is why I'm asking God for a cure for diabetes this year.  Not just for us, but for all the families who struggle with this disease. 


I'm losing about 2 pounds per day.  I know fasting isn't about that, but I could afford to lose 42 pounds, so maybe that's God's bonus.

PS - Natalie, Jeremy and Mike are having Papa Murphy's for dinner.  My favorite.  The smell is everywhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment